Putain
Day of mourning.
It's not so much the end result that gets me, ok, well it is, but it's also how un-close it's turned out to be. I feel alienated, lost. My vision of America in no way lines up with what has happened today. I try to tell myself that it's only 4 years, really only 2...i'm trying to rejoice, at least, in Obama's victory. But it's hard to think positively at this point. Look at what's happened in the past 4 years. 1000+ American KIDS, just like the kids i went to high school with MURDERED along with countless Iraqis for NO GOOD REASON. And that's just a tiny tiny little part of it.
I'm just confused. And sad. Don't have much else to say. Love y'all

2 Comments:
AMEN AMEN AMEN
I can't understand why so many people buy the Bush arguments. I feel America deserves what it is going to get. And I'm striving to find personal peace in the midst of the chaos. God help us. M
NIck here.
In retrospect, I have two, completely contradictory feelings on the election.
1. It was stolen. There is no doubt in my mind about this. The original exit polling in the e-voting states don't go anywhere near the end results, especially in Florida, while the states with a paper trail or the normal paper ballots tracked their exit polls nicely.
2. The fact that Kerry did as well as he did is somewhat surprising. Remember that we're a nation that has undergone three years of post 9/11 fear programming: the question on everyone's mind isn't so much "will it happen again?" as "when and where will it happen again?", and somehow Bush was able to turn that into support for his agenda.
Post a Comment
<< Home